When my Son was little he absolutely loved (and still does) the polenta fries from a local Italian restaurant, so of course I had to recreate them, TLC style! Serve with a loaded chopped salad or margarita pizza and you’ll be doing a happy dance!
Servings: 4 servings per recipe
What You Need
- 4 c. low sodium chicken stock
- 2 T. garlic powder
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 1 T. TLC Original House Seasoning
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. olive oil or coconut oil
How to Make It
- Place the chicken broth and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a rapid boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and very slowly whisk in the cornmeal, whisking constantly to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the salt and pepper, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring continuously, and scraping the bottom of the pan, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the Parmesan.
- Pout into a lightly greased glass pan, and smooth out to an even surface.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into your desired shape.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil or coconut oil, and "fry" until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan if desired, and enjoy!
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 30gNeed more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.