This simple, versatile recipe is perfect for a number of dishes, including tacos, nachos, burritos, huevos rancheros and more! Oh, and do yourself a favor a make a double batch…I do this and then portion it into baggies and freeze so I always have some available in a pinch! TIP: You can also sub out the red enchilada sauce for green if you prefer that flavor profile!
What You Need
How to Make It
- In a medium bowl combine chili the seasonings, enchilada sauce (half) and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Add half of the sauce mixture to the bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut meat into 3 inch cubes and add to the crockpot.
- Place meat in the slow cooker along with the remianing sauce and cook on high for roughly 6 hours, until meat shreds easily.
- Shred beef the beef in the crockpot, with the liquid, using a handheld mixer.
- Let heat through for 20 minutes or until beef absorbs a lot of the sauce.
- Great served with tortillas.
- TIP. Sear meat in a piping hot pan with olive oil before putting in the crock pot for better flavor!
Tiny Little Chef Seasonings Used or Reccomended (click to purchase and use code BLOG for 15% off)