Talk about taste and versatility! I have made this recipe many times, with Taste of Arizona, Taco the Town, Christy’s Chile Lime and my SoCal Cilantro Lime. (Mix and match the seasonings for a more intense flavor explosion!) No steak? Use chicken. Not a fan of quinoa? Sub brown rice or even cauliflower rice!
What You Need
- 1 large ribeye steak (10-12 ounces) use a good quality cut
- 1/2 -1 T. olive oil
- 2 T. TLC Taco the Town Seasoning
- 2 c. cooked quinoa
- 1 cucumber diced small
- 1 shallot diced small
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 1 roma tomato diced small
- 2 t. cilantro chopped (can use parsley)
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. lemon juice
How to Make It
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- Remove steak from the fridge, and combine olive oil and seasoning to create a "paste" and rub into the meat.
- Cover and place steak in the fridge for the day or overnight, or leave at room temperature for an hour before cooking.
- Grill or broil steak to desired internal temp.
- Remove steak from the heat and let sit 5 minutes before cutting into thin strips.
- In a bowl combine the quinoa and all diced veggies.
- Add 1 T. olive oil and 1 T. of lemon juice and mix well.
- Top salad with thinly sliced steak and fresh cilantro or parsley.