A healthier spin on everyone’s fave, these brownies will leave you wanting more, and you’ll feel good serving them.
Servings: 12 brownies
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
- 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. chocolate chips
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Grind the oats to a powder in a food processor.
- Add the beans and vanilla into food processor and puree to a paste.
- Pulse in the eggs and oil, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the cocoa, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Slowly mix together the bean mixture and cocoa mixture, until well combined, and stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish, and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes (depending on size of pan, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Serving: 1each | Calories: 192kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 5g | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mgNeed more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.