Who doesn’t love Chicken Parmesan?? I know I do! However the traditional fried version can really add up fat, carb, and calorie wise, so I created a grilled one to satisfy my cravings! PRO TIP: Switch out the traditional noodles for zoodles!
Servings: 4 servings per recipe
What You Need
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 2 T. TLC Rustic Italian Seasoning
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ c. Mozzarella cheese
- 2 T. Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- In a saucepan, heat tomatoes, garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and remove Bay leaf.
- Preheat grill on High. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken on each side for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a baking dish and cover with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 9g
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.