I like to call this an elevated casserole of sorts, combining two of my favorite things, taco meat and polenta! The polenta takes it to a new level while the richly seasoned meat adds the comforting flavor we all know and love.
Servings: 8 servings per recipe
What You Need
- 1 c. cornmeal
- 4 c. chicken broth
- 1 T. TLC Original House Seasoning
- 1 c. parmesan cheese
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 3 Tbsp TLC Taco the Town Seasoning OR 1 packet TLC Taco Seasoning Packet
How to Make It
- Place the chicken broth and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until it reaches a rapid boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and very slowly whisk in the cornmeal, whisking constantly to make sure there are no lumps.
- Add the salt and pepper, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring continuously, and scraping the bottom of the pan, until thick.
- Remove from the heat and slowly stir in the parmesan and half of the taco seasoning.
- Pout into a lightly greased glass pan, and smooth out to an even surface.
- Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Heat oven to 350.
TURKEY TACO MIX
- In a skillet, brown the ground turkey.
- Add remaining taco seasoning and mix well.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Remove polenta from the fridge, and add the turkey meat to the top of the polenta in an even layer.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, or until cheese bubbles and browns.
- Serve with Salsa Fresca or Guacamole Fresca. (Separate recipes)
Serving: 1g | Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 19g
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.