Need a sweet treat but don’t want to go overboard with the sugar? Then this recipe is a MUST and it is kid-friendly to boot! Eat aloe or on top of some vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
1- Cook longer than stated to make a fantastic homemade applesauce!
2- Use any of my cinnamon based seasoning blends to change up the flavor profile! (American Apple Pie, Harvest Pumpkin Spice, Inflammation Buster and The Gingerbread Man)
Servings: 2 servings per recipe - 1 apple per serving
What You Need
- 2 gala apples
- 4 c. water
- 1 T. TLC Inflammation Buster Seasoning
How to Make It
- Peel and cut the apples into a medium dice.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the apples.
- Boil approximately 5 minutes, until paper is tender, but not mushy, when poked with a fork or knife.
- Strain the apples in a colander and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- TIP: I also love using pumpkin pie spice for this, and will add some nuts and whipping cream to make a dessert.
- TIP 2: To make applesauce, simply let the apples cook a few minutes longer!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.
Tiny Little Chef Seasonings Used or Reccomended (click to purchase and use code BLOG for 15% off)
Like our Simple Cinnamon Apples Recipe?
Check out our Cranberry Apple Pie Granola Recipe – it uses the same great TLC products!