Need a sweet treat but don’t want to go overboard with the sugar? Then this recipe is a MUST and it is kid-friendly to boot! Eat aloe or on top of some vanilla ice cream for a decadent treat.
1- Cook longer than stated to make a fantastic homemade applesauce!
2- Use any of my cinnamon based seasoning blends to change up the flavor profile! (American Apple Pie, Harvest Pumpkin Spice, Inflammation Buster and The Gingerbread Man)
What You Need
- 2 gala apples
- 4 c. water
- 1 T. TLC Inflammation Buster Seasoning
How to Make It
- Peel and cut the apples into a medium dice.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the apples.
- Boil approximately 5 minutes, until paper is tender, but not mushy, when poked with a fork or knife.
- Strain the apples in a colander and place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with seasoning.
- TIP: I also love using pumpkin pie spice for this, and will add some nuts and whipping cream to make a dessert.
- TIP 2: To make applesauce, simply let the apples cook a few minutes longer!
Tiny Little Chef Seasonings Used or Reccomended (click to purchase and use code BLOG for 15% off)
Like our Simple Cinnamon Apples Recipe?
Check out our Cranberry Apple Pie Granola Recipe – it uses the same great TLC products!