Who is ready for cooler temps and all the amazing fall flavors that come along with it? I am! This salad is sure to hit the spot with its tangy combo of orzo, dried cranberries, blue cheese, and lemon juice. Serve with some roasted chicken or steak and you have yourself one heck of a meal!
What You Need
- 2 c. whole wheat orzo
- 4 T. crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- 3 T. chopped walnuts
- 2 T. parsley
- 2 T. cilantro
- 1 apple of choice
- 1/2 T. TLC Original House Seasoning
- ½ lemon
How to Make It
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain, rinse and place in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and mix to keep orzo from sticking together.
- Add blue cheese, cranberries, and walnuts. Mix.
- Cut apple into a medium dice.
- Chop parsley and cilantro together. Add to bowl and mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Squeeze lemon juice over top. Sprinkle garlic powder over top. Mix everything together and Enjoy!
- TIP: All ingredients can be increased in quantity as needed for preferred taste.