A comforting, hearty soup, this one will become a new go-to on those cold winter nights! Add some shredded chicken to make it an even more substantial meal!
What You Need
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cups frozen mixed veggies of choice
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or minced
- 2 tsp TLC Rustic Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp TLC Original House or Lemon House Seasoning
- 1 large can 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup precooked quinoa
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 15 oz can beans of choice I like black and cannellini for this
- 1 cup of chopped spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
How to Make It
- Warm the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is heated (it will pull away from the sides) add the mixed veggies and TLC Original House Seasoning. Cook 5 minutes and add garlic, tomatoes and Rustic Italian Seasoning.
- Pour in the quinoa, broth and the water and add the bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil, then partially cover the pot and reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, remove the lid, add the beans and chopped spinach. Continue simmering for 5 minutes or more, until the spinach has softened.
- Remove the pot from heat and remove bay leaf. Stir in the lemon juice and taste the soup. Add more seasonings if desired.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with grated parmesan on top.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 536mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5324IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2mg
Need more recipes? Visit our amazing recipe vault where you can sort by diet, protein source, course, and even seasoning used.